Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Wimp Nation

I've been traveling the last couple of weeks and have tried (somewhat successfully) to remain off-line in order to avoid reading news and commentary that might further enhance my ever-increasing level of cynicism.  Trying to get back in the saddle, I have a few new works in the pipeline.  Until then, here's a piece that I'll link to...  I wish I wrote it, because it echos my own thoughts very nicely.

The United States has become a nation of weak, pampered, easily frightened, helpless milquetoasts who have never caught a fish, fired a gun, chopped a log, hitchhiked across the country, or been in a schoolyard fight. If their cat dies, they call a grief therapist. Everything frightens Americans.
This ménage of middle-school delicates is not the country that fought World War II, or Vietnam. It is a jellyfish threatening to collapse under any serious stress. Corrupt, seriously divided racially, the middle-class sinking, ruled by fools and kleptocrats, a house of pudding cannot stand.  Scared, fat, weak, fragile, narcissistic, herd-minded, prissy, censorious and, increasingly, ignorant. Deliberately ignorant. This is wonderful stuff.



Read the whole thing at:  http://fredoneverything.org/wimp-nation-poised-to-fall/


No comments:

Post a Comment