Friday, September 18, 2015

I Hate to Say I Told You So -- Part II

In an earlier post, I wrote (I Hate to Say I Told You So...):

We've seen -- and I fear we will continue to see -- more and more cases of violence as overly-sensitive young adults, conditioned by today's academic environment, encounter a real world which will cause them psychological trauma for every perceived slight, insult, or disappointment they experience.  


It didn't take long before we saw the first case of this (High School Football Players Who ‘Blindsided’ Referee Say He Made Racist Remarks):

On a high school football field in Texas, one player made a beeline for a referee, slamming into him from behind and knocking him down. 
A second player followed up, appearing to dive into the man’s back as he was on the ground.
The two players accused of the hit ... charge that Mr. Watts made racial slurs directed at them. 

So, there you have it.  A violent attack made on a defenseless person simply due to the words he allegedly spoke.  

I'm reminded of this scene from the original Star Trek Pilot (re-packaged into the 2-part episode entitled "The Menagerie"):

No comments:

Post a Comment